Missouri Charter Public School Commission has adopted the National Association of Charter School Authorizer’s Principles and Standards. The Commission will use these as their guide for sponsorship. (Adopted September 9, 2015.) Our performance framework, based on these principles and standards can be found here. (Applies to FY24 and after.)
- 1.01 Commission Operations (Adopted September 15, 2021)
- 1.02 Open Records (Adopted September 9, 2015, Amended September 15, 2021, Amended June 29, 2023)
- 1.03 Commission Meeting (Adopted June 8, 2016, Amended September 15, 2021, Amended July 13, 2022)
- 1.04 Financial Policies (Adopted October 20, 2021, Amended February 16, 2022, Amended April 19, 2023, Amended June 29, 2023)
- 1.05 Enrollment Procedures (Adopted April 19, 2023)
- 2.01 Core Sponsorship Principles (Adopted October 20, 2021)
- 2.02 Approval of New Charter Schools (Adopted June 8, 2016, Amended October 20, 2021)
- 2.03 New Sponsor Applications (Adopted October 20, 2021, Amended August 13, 2022)
- 2.04 Transfer Schools (Adopted April 11, 2018; Amended May 29, 2018; Amended March 17, 2021, October 20, 2021)
- 3.01 Performance Based Oversight (Adopted September 16, 2020; Amended November 17, 2021)
- 3.02 Oversight: Monitoring & Intervention Policy (Adopted April 11, 2018; Amended November 17, 2021)
- 3.03 Contract Amendments (Adopted November 17, 2021, Amended April 19, 2023)
- 3.04 Charter School Renewal (Adopted December 19, 2018; Amended March 17, 2021; Amended November 17, 2021)
- 3.05 Record Retention (Adopted November 17, 2021, Amended August 17, 2022)
- 3.06 Complaints (Adopted November 17, 2021)
- 3.07 Revocation (Adopted November 17, 2021)
The Operating Plan for the Missouri Charter Public School Commission provides an overview of its values, principles, application process and procedures. The Site Visit Protocol (Onsite) and the Site Visit Protocol (Virtual) is used for the initial three years of a charter and School Quality Review Protocol is used for schools transferring to the Commission and for sponsored schools requesting renewal, expansion or replication. The Commission issues an annual report for each school. The Annual Report template can be found here. The terms, calculations and sources for the data in the annual report can be found here. Our school closure plan can be found here.
Missouri Charter Public School Commission accepts application on an ongoing basis.
Applications must be approved by the State Board of Education by January 31 in order to open the following school year. Schools planning to open the next school year must have a final application to the Commission by August 1. Applications received after August 1 will be reviewed for opening in the year following the next school year. The Missouri Charter Public School Commission reserves the right to modify this deadline.
Schools wishing to amend their charter to become a local education agency (LEA) must amend their performance contracts pursuant to Policy 3.03, above, in time for the Commission to notify the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education by March 1. LEA status shall become effective July 1 of the same year. DESE will then provide the school with a list of all regulations applicable to LEAs within 30 days. See RSMo 160.405.6.